How many sessions will I need?
A simple question: a complicated answer.
Everyone experiences changes after one session. These could be immediate and obvious, or they could be subtle and evolve over time.
The number of sessions needed tends to fall into one of these three categories:
- One session
There are immediate improvements, such as: feeling better; sleeping well; symptoms stop.
- Two or three sessions
You find there is a significant reduction in symptoms after one session and follow up sessions might be for emotional aspects; physical rehabilitation or nutritional advice.
- More than three sessions
There are many reasons why you may want this:
- Having several complicated problems or goals.
- Living in a stressful environment and wanting to learn new ways to cope, communicate or leave the environment.
- A deeply rooted or long-term problem that has many triggers and difficult events relating to it.
- How quickly you want change. You might want slow, gentle improvements rather than sudden change.
- Wanting regular support with physical rehabilitation.
- Personality types. People respond differently to therapy and this is influenced by your upbringing, education, beliefs, age, experiences, cognitive ability and many other factors.
- Pleasure – some people enjoy gaining deep personal insight and continue sessions to understand themselves further.
This is a rough guide, it varies for everyone. At The Mind Spa you can book one session at a time, so that you can decide how many and how often you need.